Parents Right to Know Information
Union Star R-II School District is required to inform you of information that you, according to Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-95), have the right to know.
Upon your request, Union Star R-II School District is required to provide to you in a timely manner, the following:
1. Whether your student’s teacher has met state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
2. Whether your student’s teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
3. Whether your student’s teacher is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
4. Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition to the information that parents may request, a building receiving Title I.A funds must provide to each individual parent:
1. Information on the level of achievement and academic growth of your student, if applicable and available, on each of the state academic assessments required under Title I.A.
2. Timely notice that your student has been assigned, or has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who has not met applicable state certification or licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.