Parent's Right to Know
Parents Right To Know Information
Union Star R-II School District is required to inform you of information that you, according to Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-95), have the right to know.
Upon your request, Union Star R-II School District is required to provide to you in a timely manner, the following:
• Whether your student’s teacher has met state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the
teacher provides instruction.
• Whether your student’s teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing
criteria have been waived.
• Whether your student’s teacher is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
• Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition to the information that parents may request, a building receiving Title I.A funds must provide to each individual parent:
• Information on the level of achievement and academic growth of your student, if applicable and available, on each of the state
academic assessments required under Title I.A.
• Timely notice that your student has been assigned, or has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who has not
met applicable state certification or licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been